Monday, April 28, 2008

Sport Sandals for the Rich & Famous

It looks like someone forgot to tell the folks at PĂȘcheBlu about the rising prices of fuel and food and the economic pressures many consumers say they are facing. Today the athletic sandal company unveiled its new line of luxury crocodile flip flops, “which will be the most expensive production flip flops in world,” boasts PĂȘcheBlu.

Hold onto your Teva’s, because the new “world’s most expensive flip flops” will retail for a whopping $400 a pair.

Now, I understand that crocodile skin is a very exotic and expensive material to work with, but considering the size of a flip flop strap, things break down to about $50 per square inch of crocodile skin.
I also understand that there are plenty of people who are willing to pay $400 for flip flops and who can easily afford them. I guess I just wish I was one of them.

No comments: